Monday, June 4, 2012

Worship and Praise Devotion

Today is Monday, June 4th, 2012.  Just finished my personal morning time with God.  During my daily devotion, I use a devotion book by Sarah Young, "Jesus Calling-Enjoying Peace in His Presence".  I highly recommend this book to everyone.  You can find it at the Lighthouse Christian Bookstore here in Conway.  She writes "time with God cannot be rushed".  I agree!  When we are in a hurry, our minds flitter back and forth between ourselves and things going on around us.  We need to make time each day just for our Lord.

When we focus our attention on God, that allows Him to use this time to bless us and prepare us for what lies ahead during our day.  Thus, spending time with God is a wise investment that always pays tremendous dividends!  Therefore, let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God; that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His Name.  (Heb. 13:15 NKJV).  Psalm 119:27 says  "let me understand the teaching of Your precepts; then I will meditate on Your wonders."  In 2 Chronicles Chap. 15, we are told that the Spirit of God cam upon Azariah.  Verse 2:  "And he went out to meet Asa, and said unto him, Hear ye me, Asa, and all Judah and Benjamin; the Lord is with you, while ye be with Him; and if ye seek Him, He will be found of you; but if ye forsake Him, He will forsake you."

These words are still so true for today!  We must still seek the Lord.  Seeking the Lord faithfully

 has wonderful results as defined in The Full Life Study Bible:
   1.  Those who seek the Lord will experience the peace of God.   This means not just the absence of conflict but the experience of forgiveness, a clear conscience and a sense of well-being arising from a right relationship with God.
   2.  Those who seek the Lord will receive mercy, grace, and "help in time of need".
   3.  Those who seek the Lord will experience the presence of God.  He promises that those who earnestly seek Him will "find Him".  Under the New Covenant, God's presence through the Holy Spirit brings strength and comfort to believers, leading them into truth, righteousness, and power.
   4.  Those who seek the Lord will be able to stand firm against their enemies.  Believers will be empowered with great strength to wage effective warfare against Satan and his spiritual forces (Eph. 6:10-18.

     Please friends, seek Him while He may be found-call upon His Name.  He is waiting on you.  He already knows your name and all about you.  He loves you as you are but He wants much more for you.  He wants to give you a new life full of good things such as peace love, joy, and hope for the future.  He is waiting on you-come to Him.  His arms are open.  On the Cross at Calvary, He paid the price to redeem your sins and purchase your freedom.  Don't you want to be freed from whatever bondage's Satan has you bound with.  Come!  Come!  He is here for you that want Him.  The Bible plainly tells us there is only one way to get our names written into the Lamb's Book of Life and that is through and by accepting Jesus as our risen Saviour.  He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords.  His tomb is empty, unlike the tombs of  other gods of this world.

     Worship and praise Him if you accepted Him today.  Look up--He is coming soon!  Please let me know if you accepted Jesus as your Savior or if these words encourage and help you.



      Ya'll have a GREAT TIME in the Lord--seek Him first!  HE IS COMING BACK SOON!!!

                                                 
                                                                      Ms. June

2 comments:

  1. a wonderful devotion!! Keep up the work of encouraging others and spreading the good news!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your blog! My Naomi gifted me with a Sarah Young Devotional Book and Bible. What a brilliant woman. I get daily comfort not only from reading her books but from the meaning behind it all. I speak to Jesus every morning while I'm having my coffee. I Thank HIM for all I have, my blessings, and the gift of life. A small blessing came my way the other day, even though it was a small one, I am ever so greatful because I know Jesus threw me a bone. LOL Sometimes I find myself speaking to Jesus throughout my day and wonder if anyone thinks I'm nuts because I actually speak! I will just say, "Thank You Jesus", just on a whim or out of the blue. I might be nuts but Jesus loves me just like that. LOL It's quite ironic how I came back to Jesus after being saved when I was 5. Of course I strayed like most people do throughout life however, I rededicated myself to HIM this past year and the day I did, I felt such a calm come over me that day in church. I felt refreshed and renewed. So for that, I thank you Jesus.

    ReplyDelete